My Top Ten favorites from 2013:
1. Spring Breakers (Harmony Korine)
2. Blue is the Warmest Color (Abdellatif Kechiche)
3. The Great Beauty (Paolo Sorrentino)
These first three are real standouts. Some of the best films I’ve seen in a long time.
4. The Hunt (Thomas Vinterberg)
5. Passion (Brian De Palma)
6. In The House (Francois Ozon)
7. The Grandmaster (Wong Kar-Wai)
8. Mud (Jeff Nicholas)
9. Don Jon (Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
10. All is Lost (J.C. Chandor)
I will write more about my picks later this week. Feel free to comment or post any qestions if you want me to elaborate.